Always wondered what that ancient looking sherd of pottery was on your sideboard?
Pondered what it was that you found whilst walking the other day- is it an archaeological artefact?
Then we may be able to help!
If you have finds or artefacts that you have come across whilst on a walk, inherited or found whilst digging your garden and would like to know more, we would welcome the chance to look at them, record and potentially identify them at our finds stall at Parc le Breos.
There will be members of staff from the Glamorgan-Gwent Archaeological Trust, along with a representative of the Portable Antiquities Scheme to help identify and record items that you have.
On Saturday 19th March, between 11.00am – 4.00pm our stall will be located in the Parc le Breos Cwm Spring Equinox Open Day, alongside a number of displays and activities including:
- Take part in bushcraft activities
- Look up into the Spring Equinox sky through telescopes
- Watch Neolithic food demonstrations
- Take part in rock art workshops
- Watch Flint knapping demonstrations
- Have-a-go at making your own Neolithic pot to take home
- Dress up as a tomb builder
- Watch bone flute making demonstrations
- Site tours of the site by an expert
- Explore the living history displays
- Meet the Guerilla Archaeologists!